Tax political signs
I have witnessed on more then one occasion one of our “city officials” pulling up someone’s yard sale sign and tossing it in the back of his pick-up, yet the politicians can cover any vacant lot, street corner and any other place of their choosing with their signs.
Nothing is said or done about it. Are they both not doing the same thing, advertising? The people with the yard sale have to purchase a permit in order to have one. Let’s do this: Put a sign fee on every political sign that is put up; the city could use the money and it just might clean up our city somewhat. Betcha they won’t do it!
Gary D. Weathers
About Chris Elkins
- Overtime magic January 13, 2017
- Lee selected for Alcorn nursing program January 18, 2017
- Hillcrest Baptist Church to host Night to Shine Prom for people with special needs January 18, 2017
- Museum to have program on Mississippi quotations Thursday January 18, 2017
- County unemployment remains among state’s lowest at 4 percent January 18, 2017
- Speller Owen Cotton wins ‘olympian’ victory January 19, 2017
- New candidate enters Ward One race January 19, 2017
- Weather Service to visit as part of severe storm awareness, training January 19, 2017
- Planning can save 15 percent at grocer’s January 19, 2017
- Elementary students honor King January 19, 2017
- tea party animal: A "closer look," with Your Home Missionary. ♫ ...
- Kaylyn Havrilla McClinton: I realize this comment was posted over two weeks a...
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...