Debt ceiling arguments political
The President suggested in his speech that we contact our representatives and congressmen and give them our views.
I tried to send an e-mail to all of them but for some reason the e-mail addresses are so long my computer failed to send so this morning I telephoned Mr. Nunnelee, Mr. Wicker and Mr. Cochran’s offices.
Mr. Wicker’s office gave me recording that he was unavailable. However, I spoke with an employee at the other offices and gave them my views on the debt ceiling standoff.
I wonder just how many (ordinary) people know just how many times the debt ceiling has been raised since the days of John F. Kennedy? According to my research, it has been raised 77 times. Check it out!
So why the bit hullabaloo over raising it now? Politics.
That is just my opinion, but no one raised a stink when Reagan, Bush Numbers 1 and 2 raised it. Does anyone besides me wonder why this is?
I have voted for Ike Eisenhower, Ralph Nader, “Tricky Dick” Nixon, ,JKK and feel that I am pretty broad minded on most issues. But I feel the reason the Republicans are doing this thing of wanting a short term of raising the ceiling is because they are first of all just wanting to have another try at trying to discredit the President and we will just have a big waste of time arguing this thing.
This President inherited the biggest mess in the history of this country and the Republicans, instead of trying to help him straighten it out all they do is nit pick.
Is this sour grapes, racism, or some of both?
About Chris Elkins
- Division Dominance January 17, 2017
- Museum to have program on Mississippi quotations Thursday January 18, 2017
- County unemployment remains among state’s lowest at 4 percent January 18, 2017
- ‘Miracle’ continues to benefit police January 18, 2017
- King program promotes unity for all January 18, 2017
- Lady Urchin Power January 21, 2017
- Back in Business: New Albany rejoining Union County Tournament in 2018 January 20, 2017
- Playoff bound January 20, 2017
- Speller Owen Cotton wins ‘olympian’ victory January 19, 2017
- New candidate enters Ward One race January 19, 2017
- tea party animal: A "closer look," with Your Home Missionary. ♫ ...
- Kaylyn Havrilla McClinton: I realize this comment was posted over two weeks a...
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...