Debt ceiling arguments political
The President suggested in his speech that we contact our representatives and congressmen and give them our views.
I tried to send an e-mail to all of them but for some reason the e-mail addresses are so long my computer failed to send so this morning I telephoned Mr. Nunnelee, Mr. Wicker and Mr. Cochran’s offices.
Mr. Wicker’s office gave me recording that he was unavailable. However, I spoke with an employee at the other offices and gave them my views on the debt ceiling standoff.
I wonder just how many (ordinary) people know just how many times the debt ceiling has been raised since the days of John F. Kennedy? According to my research, it has been raised 77 times. Check it out!
So why the bit hullabaloo over raising it now? Politics.
That is just my opinion, but no one raised a stink when Reagan, Bush Numbers 1 and 2 raised it. Does anyone besides me wonder why this is?
I have voted for Ike Eisenhower, Ralph Nader, “Tricky Dick” Nixon, ,JKK and feel that I am pretty broad minded on most issues. But I feel the reason the Republicans are doing this thing of wanting a short term of raising the ceiling is because they are first of all just wanting to have another try at trying to discredit the President and we will just have a big waste of time arguing this thing.
This President inherited the biggest mess in the history of this country and the Republicans, instead of trying to help him straighten it out all they do is nit pick.
Is this sour grapes, racism, or some of both?
About Chris Elkins
- County budget adopted with no change September 22, 2016
- Urchins come from behind to take down Bears September 22, 2016
- Union County runners enjoy top five finishes at Saltillo XC meet September 22, 2016
- First inning flurry leads to West Union win September 22, 2016
- Urchins host New Site on homecoming September 22, 2016
- Urchins run over Royals September 24, 2016
- Lady Urchins bomb Baldwyn in division play September 22, 2016
- School board races shaping up September 22, 2016
- Bank donates clock to Cooper Park September 22, 2016
- County still among lowest in unemployment September 22, 2016
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: Also worth a look: http://www.knightsgambitvineyar...