Don’t criticize Mississippi
I am sick and tired of all the negative, rude remarks made by people about Mississippi and the South.
The “cartoon” in the Aug. 3 Gazette wasn’t funny or informative to me. It actually was offensive. I have been around the country and you know, there are overweight people and fast food chains nationwide. Yes, it is important to keep yourself as healthy as possible, but stop singling Mississippi out. Your portrayal of an overweight kid laying on a couch texting or playing video games is not isolated to Mississippi.
I love our state and all the people in it, whatever their size. Anyone can have an opinion or thought, but that doesn’t make it right to impose it on another.
I think our local paper should help us build up our community and state, not make fun of it.
About Chris Elkins
- Urchins outrun Bears in jamboree win August 18, 2016
- Klarksyn Denise Coleman birth announcement August 23, 2016
- Wilder to celebrate 90th birthday August 23, 2016
- Purvis couple celebrates 70th wedding anniversary August 23, 2016
- Hurricane news August 23, 2016
- Long ball drops Lady Hawks August 23, 2016
- Latest city school test scores good August 23, 2016
- Multi-faceted author John Hailman to be guest speaker at Faulkner Literary Luncheon August 23, 2016
- Delinquent tax land sale something of misnomer August 23, 2016
- Paul Rainey museum program returns by popular demand August 23, 2016
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: Also worth a look: http://www.knightsgambitvineyar...