Don’t criticize Mississippi
I am sick and tired of all the negative, rude remarks made by people about Mississippi and the South.
The “cartoon” in the Aug. 3 Gazette wasn’t funny or informative to me. It actually was offensive. I have been around the country and you know, there are overweight people and fast food chains nationwide. Yes, it is important to keep yourself as healthy as possible, but stop singling Mississippi out. Your portrayal of an overweight kid laying on a couch texting or playing video games is not isolated to Mississippi.
I love our state and all the people in it, whatever their size. Anyone can have an opinion or thought, but that doesn’t make it right to impose it on another.
I think our local paper should help us build up our community and state, not make fun of it.
About Chris Elkins
- City will try for Christmas parade again next Tuesday at 6 December 6, 2016
- County supervisors hire three employees, discuss potential logging problems December 6, 2016
- Main Street Association sponsors Christmas tree lighting ceremony in Cooper Park December 6, 2016
- City sets new Christmas parade date for next Tuesday December 6, 2016
- Scenes from Myrtle’s Christmas parade December 6, 2016
- Museum, civic center to have holiday events this weekend December 9, 2016
- Old Gazette building going down after 44 years December 9, 2016
- Armed robber hits check store December 9, 2016
- West Union Homecoming Court December 9, 2016
- Postponed Christmas parade set for Tuesday December 9, 2016
- Kaylyn Havrilla McClinton: I realize this comment was posted over two weeks a...
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...