Don’t criticize Mississippi
I am sick and tired of all the negative, rude remarks made by people about Mississippi and the South.
The “cartoon” in the Aug. 3 Gazette wasn’t funny or informative to me. It actually was offensive. I have been around the country and you know, there are overweight people and fast food chains nationwide. Yes, it is important to keep yourself as healthy as possible, but stop singling Mississippi out. Your portrayal of an overweight kid laying on a couch texting or playing video games is not isolated to Mississippi.
I love our state and all the people in it, whatever their size. Anyone can have an opinion or thought, but that doesn’t make it right to impose it on another.
I think our local paper should help us build up our community and state, not make fun of it.
About Chris Elkins
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 27, 2016
- Macedonia news July 27, 2016
- Center Hill Baptist Church news July 27, 2016
- Required vaccinations safe and reliable July 27, 2016
- Local swimmers compete in long course state meet July 27, 2016
- Tax-free weekend coming up July 27, 2016
- Health officer reminds parents about required school vaccinations. July 27, 2016
- Supervisors ask for bridge redesign to lower construction costs July 27, 2016
- Get a year’s worth of news for only $29 July 27, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...