Don’t criticize Mississippi
I am sick and tired of all the negative, rude remarks made by people about Mississippi and the South.
The “cartoon” in the Aug. 3 Gazette wasn’t funny or informative to me. It actually was offensive. I have been around the country and you know, there are overweight people and fast food chains nationwide. Yes, it is important to keep yourself as healthy as possible, but stop singling Mississippi out. Your portrayal of an overweight kid laying on a couch texting or playing video games is not isolated to Mississippi.
I love our state and all the people in it, whatever their size. Anyone can have an opinion or thought, but that doesn’t make it right to impose it on another.
I think our local paper should help us build up our community and state, not make fun of it.
About Chris Elkins
- New Legion Auxiliary officers July 27, 2016
- Eastern Lights July 28, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 28, 2016
- Cora Sanders turns 98 July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County selects Service First Champion July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner July 29, 2016
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings. July 28, 2016
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again July 28, 2016
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey July 28, 2016
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series July 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings.
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series