Don’t criticize Mississippi
I am sick and tired of all the negative, rude remarks made by people about Mississippi and the South.
The “cartoon” in the Aug. 3 Gazette wasn’t funny or informative to me. It actually was offensive. I have been around the country and you know, there are overweight people and fast food chains nationwide. Yes, it is important to keep yourself as healthy as possible, but stop singling Mississippi out. Your portrayal of an overweight kid laying on a couch texting or playing video games is not isolated to Mississippi.
I love our state and all the people in it, whatever their size. Anyone can have an opinion or thought, but that doesn’t make it right to impose it on another.
I think our local paper should help us build up our community and state, not make fun of it.
About Chris Elkins
- Alligator hunting permits go on sale July 19 July 20, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 21, 2016
- Returning champs win in domino contest at fair July 21, 2016
- Prayer session was step in right direction July 21, 2016
- Beating the heat July 21, 2016
- Reactions mixed over school ratings July 21, 2016
- New Albany Main Street Association receives 2016 national Main Street accreditation July 21, 2016
- Passion for caring motivates new doctor Matthew Rhinewalt July 21, 2016
- Has city got a deal for you! July 21, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...