Paid in Full to host Homecoming Saturday
Almost 20 years to the day after three New Albany teens formed a Southern Gospel group, Paid in Full are set hold an anniversary concert this Saturday at Hillcrest Baptist Church.
Lance Moore, Bradley Littlejohn, and Jeff Crews, accompanied by Julia Littlejohn on the piano, made their first concert appearance as Paid in Full on Aug. 4, 1991 at New Albany First Baptist Church. Soon after, the group began to perform around North Mississippi. The group recorded its first project, “Only the Best,” in 1992 and performed a farewell concert at New Albany High School Auditorium in 1993 as Crews and Littlejohn headed to Mississippi College.
The trio didn’t stay apart very long and, after they reunited, met Gospel music legend and Elvis Presley’s favorite singer, Jake Hess, in 1996 with their recording called “A New Start.”
Over the next 11 years, Moore, Littlejohn and Crews made many appearances on Gaither Homecoming and produced several hit singles with producers Bill Gaither, Michael Sykes and Woody Wright. Jeff Crews left the group in 2007 and was replaced by Brock White, just before the group traveled to Scotland for a performance.
“The group continues to travel nationally and internationally with return trips to Canada and Scotland and record music,” Moore said. “After 20 years, we are having a great time serving the Lord and pursuing each opportunity He makes possible.”
Paid In Full’s 20th homecoming concert will be on the anniversary weekend of their first performance.
The concert will be held at 6 p.m., Saturday, at the Hillcrest Baptist Church. Special guests Jeff Crews, Woody Wright, Julia Littlejohn, Brian Eads and live band and the Hillcrest Choir and Orchestra. will join the group.
The concert is free, with a love offering to be taken.
Details are available at www.paidinfull.net.
About Chris Elkins
- Alligator hunting permits go on sale July 19 July 20, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 21, 2016
- Returning champs win in domino contest at fair July 21, 2016
- Prayer session was step in right direction July 21, 2016
- Beating the heat July 21, 2016
- Reactions mixed over school ratings July 21, 2016
- New Albany Main Street Association receives 2016 national Main Street accreditation July 21, 2016
- Passion for caring motivates new doctor Matthew Rhinewalt July 21, 2016
- Has city got a deal for you! July 21, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...