Community support appreciated
There are times when a person is overcome with emotion by moments of beauty in their life. Some of those moments in my life include my wedding day, the day my two girls were born, and the night of our “A Night Out for the Trouts” benefit.
Since my diagnosis with breast cancer on Oct. 1, 2010, our lives have taken a turn we certainly never expected. In nine months time, we have done several rounds of chemotherapies, multiple surgeries, and visited with many doctors. We have been on an emotional roller coaster as we receive both good and bad news. Fortunately, our most recent news has been good! God has blessed us throughout this time. We pray for His direction as we live each day and continue to be optimistic about the future.
As for our benefit, “A Night Out for the Trouts,” on June 17, words can never truly express how blessed, loved, and supported we felt through this experience. Some people know I made jokes about the movie, “It’s a Wonderful Life,” and feeling like George Bailey except the plot to the movie had a cancer adventure twist. But, I really did identify with George as our community rallied around my family to encourage and support us.
The Trout Benefit was phenomenal! Even before the benefit, I was amazed by the love and support people had shown my family. As a person who has always struggled with sending proper thank you notes, I know there is no way to truly thank all those who participated in making our night happen. Unfortunately, we will never know how each person played a part, and there is no way to truly thank for those things. Needless to say, we are humbled and feel so blessed. Thank you!
Special thanks to all who planned, worked, and participated in the publicity T-shirt and hat sales, fish fry, silent auction, fun run/walk, live music by Reverend Willie and Groove Skillet, concessions, the movie on Kitchens Field, and donations of “A Night our for the Trouts” benefit.
It is amazing to live in a community that is so passionate to rally behind a cause and make it such a success. We are honored by our benefit and hope we can find ways to give back and show support to our loving community in the days to come.
About Chris Elkins
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 27, 2016
- Macedonia news July 27, 2016
- Center Hill Baptist Church news July 27, 2016
- Required vaccinations safe and reliable July 27, 2016
- Local swimmers compete in long course state meet July 27, 2016
- Tax-free weekend coming up July 27, 2016
- Health officer reminds parents about required school vaccinations. July 27, 2016
- Supervisors ask for bridge redesign to lower construction costs July 27, 2016
- Get a year’s worth of news for only $29 July 27, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...