Voters return to the polls next Tuesday
Union County voters will all return to the polls on Tuesday for the Democratic and Republican primary runoffs, though some may only have a very short field of races on the ballot.
County-wide, residents voting in the Democratic primary will have to choose between Anthony Anderson and Jimmy Edwards for determination of that party’s nominee for Union County Sheriff.
Meanwhile, District One voters will decide to either give the supervisor nomination back to Dwight “Peanut” Pickens or challenger William “Bill” Hancock.
In the Second District Supervisor race, voters must pick either incumbent Sammy Coffey or Jimmy Yarbrough as the Democratic party candidate.
Voters in the 4th House of Representatives District will have to choose either James Nunnally or Jody Steverson, while voters in the 13th District will choose either Billy B. Gray or Don Randolph as their House nominee.
County-wide, Democrats will vote for either Johnny L. DuPree or Bill Luckett in the governor’s race.
In the local Republican primary runoff, District Three voters must vote for either David Kent or Wade Ligon to be the nominee in the Supervisor race.
In the state treasurer’s race, voters will choose between Lynn Fitch and Lee Yancey to be the Republican nominee.
Circuit Clerk Phyllis Stanford said that voters who participated in the Aug. 2 primary are required to vote in the same party during Tuesday’s runoffs. In other words, if a resident voted in the Democratic party two weeks ago, he or she must vote in that same party on Tuesday, and Republican voters must vote the same way as well.
About Chris Elkins
- Alligator hunting permits go on sale July 19 July 20, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 21, 2016
- Returning champs win in domino contest at fair July 21, 2016
- Prayer session was step in right direction July 21, 2016
- Beating the heat July 21, 2016
- Reactions mixed over school ratings July 21, 2016
- New Albany Main Street Association receives 2016 national Main Street accreditation July 21, 2016
- Passion for caring motivates new doctor Matthew Rhinewalt July 21, 2016
- Has city got a deal for you! July 21, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...