Holiday Inn expansion
The complete makeover and expansion of New Albany’s Holiday Inn Express will add significantly to the city’s hospitality industry and the tax revenue it generates for our area.
The hotel’s façade, its lobby and its 49 rooms have been remodeled with a decidedly more upscale look, and a major building project under way at the rear of the hotel will add 26 rooms and 1,000-square feet of meeting space.
In addition, a new outdoor pool and patio area has been constructed beside the hotel. The hotel’s former pool was in the front parking lot.
The hotel is owned by Jackie’s International, a Canton-based company with more than 70 hotel and restaurant properties in Mississippi, Louisiana, Arkansas and Tennessee.
The company is owned by the Sethi family, and the company is a story of a rags-to-riches fulfillment of the American dream for an immigrant family from India.
Sunny Sethi, vice president of operations for the hotel division, was in town last week along with Holiday Inn executives to host an open house and reception.
He praised BNA Bank for financing the expansion and for its confidence in the company and the hospitality industry.
We cannot over stress the importance of the current expansion project, because it assures the continued Holiday Inn Express label in our community and a continued presence of the Sethi family company here. The family, the hotel and its employees are recognized as good community partners.
Our hospitality industry continues to grow and the Sethi family hotel is a significant player in that growth.
About Chris Elkins
- New Legion Auxiliary officers July 27, 2016
- Eastern Lights July 28, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 28, 2016
- Cora Sanders turns 98 July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County selects Service First Champion July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner July 29, 2016
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings. July 28, 2016
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again July 28, 2016
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey July 28, 2016
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series July 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings.
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series