Ingomar rallies against West Union
Amy Fooshee lifted the Lady Falcons in a crucial division win over West Union on Tuesday, giving Ingomar the 8-7 win.
Tied at seven in the final inning, Ingomar had the top of their batting order up with Lauren Koon walking and Kate Webb following with a double. With the two at second and third, West Union opted to walk Reid Little, loading the bases for Fooshee’s game winning sacrifice play.
West Union led 4-2 in the fifth inning after a two-run double in the second and a two-run triple in the fourth, both coming from Juliana Garner. The Lady Falcons scored four runs off five hits in the fifth, including RBI doubles from Little, Fooshee and Danielle Potts.
Brittany Taylor and Gina Beth Conlee helped keep the Lady Eagles in the game, as West Union scored three runs in the sixth to tie the game at seven. Garner led West Union with four hits, including two doubles and the fourth inning triple, while Callie Baggett had two hits.
Ingomar was led by Webb, Little and Potts, who each had two hits.
The loss is the second in a row in division play for the Lady Eagles, who dropped a 10-4 decision at Myrtle last Thursday, Sept. 1.
Both teams will square off in the annual Union County Tournament this weekend at the New Albany Sportsplex.
About Chris Elkins
- Blood donations urgently needed in the final weeks of summer August 23, 2016
- Local resident report being victim of jury duty scam August 25, 2016
- Tanglefoot Trail good, but needs more signs August 25, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes August 25, 2016
- Eastern Lights August 25, 2016
- Friday Night Lights: Deep ball upends Bulldogs August 26, 2016
- Urchins tame the Lions in shutout win August 25, 2016
- Easy riding ahead August 25, 2016
- County schools still among top in state August 25, 2016
- Rickey Scaggs to headline Tallahatchie RiverFest in Oct. August 25, 2016
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: Also worth a look: http://www.knightsgambitvineyar...