Tough road tests await UC
Hitting the field once more after a close loss to Biggersville last week, Union County prepares for a three-game road slate, beginning with Mantachie on Friday.
“They’re a little sluggish, which is to be expected, but being a very young program, it’s my job that we have to get past that and move on to the next week’s opponent,” UC coach Scott Duley said.
“We can’t have a hangover because we either won or lost a close game, you have to always be looking ahead to your next opponent and preparing for them like you did your previous opponent.”
The next two weeks will be among the toughest for Duley’s squad, facing the Mustangs, followed by a Sept. 16 match-up with Ripley.
“Mantachie is very strong. They have some strong young men, their line and their running backs.
Duley said. “They run a single wing offense, and they both run and pass the ball well. On defense, they’re very solid and know their responsibilities. I believe we can move the ball, but we have to be consistent, and we improved tremendously from our first game to our second, but we need to tackle well.”
Duley had the opportunity to scout Ripley in their season opener against New Albany, and Duley hopes to emphasize the fundamentals in preparation for that game.
“We’re going to have to do the little things well, our fundamentals are going to have to be sharp, so we’ll practice as much as possible on those fundamentals and be prepared for both of these opponents,” he said.
Mantachie (1-2) is coming off a 69-12 win over New Site. Friday night’s game is set for a 7:30 kickoff.
About Chris Elkins
- New Legion Auxiliary officers July 27, 2016
- Eastern Lights July 28, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 28, 2016
- Cora Sanders turns 98 July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County selects Service First Champion July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner July 29, 2016
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings. July 28, 2016
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again July 28, 2016
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey July 28, 2016
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series July 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings.
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series