Get lunch tickets now
This Friday is your last day to purchase tickets for the RiverFest Kickoff Community Luncheon that will open the annual festival this year.
The event, at noon Friday, Sept. 23 in the meeting hall of First United Methodist Church, is a chance to add impetus to the literary tradition of RiverFest. The RiverFest Literary Committee is reviving and upgrading the lunch that for years marked the opening of the festival. No lunch was held last year.
During the lunch, awards will be presented to the winners of he annual William Faulkner Literary Competition. The competition includes best short story and best one-act play in adult categories and best short story by a high school student.
Keynote speaker for the luncheon is Robert Hicks of Franklin, Tenn., author of the New York Times bestselling books “A Separate Country” and “Widow of the South.”
Tickets are only $10 and include a full buffet lunch provided by Tallahatchie Gourmet. Reserved tables with eight seats can be purchased for $80 for those businesses and organizations that want to show their support for the event.
Tickets may be purchased at the Union County Heritage Museum on Cleveland Street or the Union County Development Association next door to BNA Bank on Bankhead Street.
The Kickoff Community Luncheon is an opportunity to boost Tallahatchie RiverFest as a significant regional event and not just a local festival.
Make sure you get your tickets this week because no tickets will be sold at the door. We look forward to seeing you at the kickoff event.
About Chris Elkins
- Blood donations urgently needed in the final weeks of summer August 23, 2016
- Local resident report being victim of jury duty scam August 25, 2016
- Tanglefoot Trail good, but needs more signs August 25, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes August 25, 2016
- Eastern Lights August 25, 2016
- Friday Night Lights: Deep ball upends Bulldogs August 26, 2016
- Urchins tame the Lions in shutout win August 25, 2016
- Easy riding ahead August 25, 2016
- County schools still among top in state August 25, 2016
- Rickey Scaggs to headline Tallahatchie RiverFest in Oct. August 25, 2016
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: Also worth a look: http://www.knightsgambitvineyar...