Recycling used bikes urged
I am a bike enthusiast and I have enjoyed the lifestyle that biking encourages. Last month my wife and I met two middle school children riding around New Albany on bikes much too small for them.
My wife commented we should give the young men the two bikes we had sitting in our garage. Both my wife and I are school teachers so we knew both of them and invited them to follow us home for the bikes. When they got to our house we pumped up the bikes, showed them how to adjust the brakes, seat, and gave them a DVD of the Tour de France in hopes that they would become avid cycling enthusiast.
The young men were so excited as they rode off. The next day my wife and I were driving to Walmart and we saw the students riding their bikes.
This leads me to why I am writing this letter. I would like to survey the New Albany community for their willingness to scrounge their basements, garages, and sheds for their old used bikes. Slightly tune them up to make them “rideable” (air in the tires, brakes functional) and, finally, call me. My phone number is 662-598-1030.
Once the bike is ready, please call me and I will connect your old bike with a child who will use it. There are multiple reasons why this is important: obesity prevention, longevity of life, and quality of life to mention a few.
Please include bikes of all sizes. Bikes for children from three years to 18 years: road bikes, mountain bikes, or hybrid bikes.
If I do not answer the phone please leave a message.
New Albany High School
About Chris Elkins
- New Legion Auxiliary officers July 27, 2016
- Eastern Lights July 28, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 28, 2016
- Cora Sanders turns 98 July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County selects Service First Champion July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner July 29, 2016
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings. July 28, 2016
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again July 28, 2016
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey July 28, 2016
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series July 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings.
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series