Kudos to BNA for gift
The announcement Thursday that BNA Bank will donate $500,000 to help with expansion of the New Albany Sportsplex is exciting news for our city.
In return for the bank’s pledge of $500,000 over a 20-year period, the city gave naming rights for the facility to the bank. It has been renamed BNA Bank Park and a new sign already has been installed.
The commitment by the bank kicks off a major fundraising effort by supporters of the expansion project. Contribution opportunities range from $100 for a brick paver to $125,000 to have naming rights for either the tennis or soccer complex.
The city of New Albany has committed $1,625,000 of public money to the project so far and has told supporters of the plan, especially those connected with tennis and soccer, to come up with the remainder.
Final cost of the expansion, which includes 40 acres across U.S. Highway 78 from the current Sportsplex, is expected to be between $4 million and $5 million. The plan includes five soccer field, 14 regulation tennis courts and eight mini-courts, a small lake and water feature, a pavilion with offices, restrooms and concession stand and paved parking.
Bo Collins, president of BNA Bank, said the bank believes its contribution is “an investment in our community and that having outstanding sports and recreational facilities will provide even more incentive for families to want to live and work here.”
We couldn’t agree more. It is one of the largest donations ever made in Union County and is another example of our community bank taking an important leadership role in moving our community forward.
About Chris Elkins
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 27, 2016
- Macedonia news July 27, 2016
- Center Hill Baptist Church news July 27, 2016
- Required vaccinations safe and reliable July 27, 2016
- Local swimmers compete in long course state meet July 27, 2016
- Tax-free weekend coming up July 27, 2016
- Health officer reminds parents about required school vaccinations. July 27, 2016
- Supervisors ask for bridge redesign to lower construction costs July 27, 2016
- Get a year’s worth of news for only $29 July 27, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...