Kudos to BNA for gift
The announcement Thursday that BNA Bank will donate $500,000 to help with expansion of the New Albany Sportsplex is exciting news for our city.
In return for the bank’s pledge of $500,000 over a 20-year period, the city gave naming rights for the facility to the bank. It has been renamed BNA Bank Park and a new sign already has been installed.
The commitment by the bank kicks off a major fundraising effort by supporters of the expansion project. Contribution opportunities range from $100 for a brick paver to $125,000 to have naming rights for either the tennis or soccer complex.
The city of New Albany has committed $1,625,000 of public money to the project so far and has told supporters of the plan, especially those connected with tennis and soccer, to come up with the remainder.
Final cost of the expansion, which includes 40 acres across U.S. Highway 78 from the current Sportsplex, is expected to be between $4 million and $5 million. The plan includes five soccer field, 14 regulation tennis courts and eight mini-courts, a small lake and water feature, a pavilion with offices, restrooms and concession stand and paved parking.
Bo Collins, president of BNA Bank, said the bank believes its contribution is “an investment in our community and that having outstanding sports and recreational facilities will provide even more incentive for families to want to live and work here.”
We couldn’t agree more. It is one of the largest donations ever made in Union County and is another example of our community bank taking an important leadership role in moving our community forward.
About Chris Elkins
- County budget adopted with no change September 22, 2016
- Urchins come from behind to take down Bears September 22, 2016
- Union County runners enjoy top five finishes at Saltillo XC meet September 22, 2016
- First inning flurry leads to West Union win September 22, 2016
- Urchins host New Site on homecoming September 22, 2016
- Urchins run over Royals September 24, 2016
- Lady Urchins bomb Baldwyn in division play September 22, 2016
- School board races shaping up September 22, 2016
- Bank donates clock to Cooper Park September 22, 2016
- County still among lowest in unemployment September 22, 2016
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: Also worth a look: http://www.knightsgambitvineyar...