Brenda Hill obituary
Brenda Joyce Ellis Hill, 62, of Dumas, died Oct. 20, 2011, at Graceland Care Center in New Albany. She was born June 23, 1949, in Tupelo to B. E. and Olga Mae Rogers Ellis. She was a member of Dumas Baptist Church and a homemaker. She loved camping, reading, working puzzles, and watching her favorite shows on TV.
Service were held at 2 p.m. on Sunday, Oct. 23, 2011 at United Funeral Service Chapel with Bro. Rex Yancey and Bro. Michael Baker officiating. Interment was in the Pleasant Ridge Cemetery. United Funeral Service was in charge of arrangements.
She is survived by her husband Harold Hill, one brother Jimmy Ellis of Mooreville, and many nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by her parents, one sister Geneva Dorrough and four brothers Chestene Ellis, James Ellis, Tulon Ellis, and Talmadge Ellis.
Pallbearers were Doyle Caviness, Phillip Young, Chris Bailey, and Benny Rakestraw.
Visitation was from 5-8 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 22, 2011.
For online condolences and to sign guest registry please visit www.unitedfuneralservice.com.
About Chris Elkins
- County budget adopted with no change September 22, 2016
- Urchins come from behind to take down Bears September 22, 2016
- Union County runners enjoy top five finishes at Saltillo XC meet September 22, 2016
- First inning flurry leads to West Union win September 22, 2016
- Urchins host New Site on homecoming September 22, 2016
- Urchins run over Royals September 24, 2016
- Lady Urchins bomb Baldwyn in division play September 22, 2016
- School board races shaping up September 22, 2016
- Bank donates clock to Cooper Park September 22, 2016
- County still among lowest in unemployment September 22, 2016
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...