By Martha Hardy
First, I must apologize to my readers for my goof in the last news column. I was in a big hurry when typing up the news and inadvertently mixed up some of the telephone numbers.
I am always asking you to call me with news and then I goofed and it would have been impossible to reach me.
My friend Rhonda Pennington called me(she knew the real #number) and informed me of the mistake. We had a nice long chat with her husband, Tim. He is a good friend of my son Norm. Thanks to you, Rhonda.
My neighbors and good friends Betty and David Greer recently enjoyed a visit from David's brother, Lynn and his wife Marvlyn from Oxford. They had a good time reminiscing as they toured the old homeplace where they grew
My son Chuck who lives in Memphis came down this week end with several packages of catfish nuggets and a small package of calamari and since he was going to fire up his outside cooker we decided to also do some breaded okra as well as some chicken livers. Needless to say, we had an overabundance of food but it was very good. My cats also had a feast.
Cornersville Methodist Church held a Community Family Festival on Saturday Oct 22, 2011.
There was lots of food, a bonfire, hay ride, and the entertainment included Mitch Stone from Potts Camp. It was well attended and I really enjoyed visiting with some people that I had not seen in a while.
Amaziah Baptist Church also had a huge festival at the home of Deborah and Ronnie Hall. My son Austin tells me it was so very much fun as they also had a huge bonfire, hayride, games, and food.
Hopefully these will become an annual event as the children will have pleasant memories of these times.
And in this vein Roger Crane announced at church last Sunday that there was a block party at his house on the Saturday as the other events with the usual bonfire, food etc.
I enjoyed a telephone chat with my friend Twanda Black this morning. We also took a mental walk down memory lane as she and I have experienced some of the same heart aches in the loss of our loved ones
I enjoyed a visit with my friend and neighbor Carolyn Scott we also did some reminiscing as we go back a lot of years I am so blessed to have so many wonderful friends whom I treasure.
Here is the correct telephone numbers: the landline number is 662-988-3685 and the cell number is 662-316-8963. The e-mail is Mchardy115@aol.com
That is all for now. Here is this week thought: “The best way to kill time is to work it to death.” So, until nest time, may God bless and keep you close.
About Chris Elkins
- Watkins is DAISY nursing award winner November 29, 2016
- Myrtle Christmas parade will be Friday night November 29, 2016
- Community holiday meal expected to feed 1,200 Dec. 17 November 29, 2016
- Eastern Lights December 1, 2016
- New Albany Garden Club December 1, 2016
- Chamberlin loses county but wins election December 1, 2016
- Finally, no flooding December 1, 2016
- Myrtle Tree of Hope to add local children December 1, 2016
- Library program offers book gift idea for the holidays December 1, 2016
- NA Christmas parade may still be in the works December 1, 2016
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...