Mundy expresses herself through song
Born and raised in New Albany, Michele Mundy found her passion for singing and her love for ministry at age 12. Now as a young woman in her 30s, she is still singing, sharing her love of Christ, and traveling to spread His message.
“I love singing because it’s what I was born to do. When you know you were born to do something and is blessed with a gift, you tend to use it more and enjoy using it. It’s like a part of you and your life, “ said Mundy. “When I sing, it lifts my spirits, especially when I’m down or when I’m encouraging someone else who is down. Music changes you from the inside, then it changes the atmosphere around you.”
At age four, Mundy said that her mom discovered her singing voice and at the age of 12, she began singing with the Watson Grove Baptist Church choir. Later on, she began singing solo and wrote her first song at age 15.
Since debuting her first album ‘Divine Favor’ in 2009, she has traveled abroad to England, France and Normandy. She earned her Bachelor of Arts degree in humanities from Mississippi State University, with an emphasis in French. While attending college, Michele was a member of several choirs, including the Mississippi State University Choir and has shared the stage with artists such as Dr. Bobby Jones, the late Rev. James Moore, Ms. Vickie Winans, Mrs. Mosie Burke of the Mississippi Mass Choir, and many others. She is currently a member of the Peter’s Rock Temple C.O.G.I.C. and its mass choir and has written for it’s album, ‘Standing In The Need.’
Mundy said that ‘Divine Favor’ was inspired by personal tragedy.
She said, “Music is my love–since God is in my music, He speaks through it. When my father became ill, God gave me a song to sing to him while in the hospital. He began responding and lived five more weeks. Shortly after his passing, God gave me more songs to write to encourage others who are dealing with every pain and issue, including this economic epidemic that has discouraged so many, including Christians”.
She added, “Sharing my testimony with others has helped me get through my own trials, because it shows people that they are not alone and vice-versa. We realize that in the midst of it, God gets the glory. Then when we overcome it and He works His miracles, He shows us that He’s in control and has already spoken on our behalf.”
Mundy has sung backup for gospel legend, Myrna Summers, Kurt Carr and opened for Pastor Marvin Winans prior to his sermon delivery. She also released a music video DVD of her song, “You Are Appreciated,” which caters to the hearing impaired.
She recently returned to Europe spreading the gospel through speaking and music. Immediately after returning to the U.S., Michele joined over 30 other artists in Atlanta to record and shoot a global relief REACH project where she was chosen as global ambassador. All global ambassadors from the project will be on an international tour in the spring 2012, and all CD sales will go toward global relief.
Mundy currently resides in Starkville.
Mundy will be singing at the gospel event, ‘Praising the Lord on the Courthouse Lawn’ beginning at noon on Saturday, Oct 29, 2011. The event is free. Mundy can be reached via email at email@example.com.
About Chris Elkins
- Blood donations urgently needed in the final weeks of summer August 23, 2016
- Local resident report being victim of jury duty scam August 25, 2016
- Tanglefoot Trail good, but needs more signs August 25, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes August 25, 2016
- Eastern Lights August 25, 2016
- Friday Night Lights: Deep ball upends Bulldogs August 26, 2016
- Urchins tame the Lions in shutout win August 25, 2016
- Easy riding ahead August 25, 2016
- County schools still among top in state August 25, 2016
- Rickey Scaggs to headline Tallahatchie RiverFest in Oct. August 25, 2016
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: Also worth a look: http://www.knightsgambitvineyar...