Alcohol petition opposed
I see that Satan has reared his ugly head again in trying to get more alcohol into our town. You see, Satan is always in the “now” business. He doesn’t want us to see into the future, and know the pain and heartache that alcohol can cause.
I write with love and concern for all of those who get involved in partaking of this. I also am a victim of being abused as a child by someone who drank alcohol. The pain never really does away. By the grace of God, we learn to live with it.
New Albany has been my home now for many years. I grew up somewhere else. I have always loved living here; and now it breaks my heart to see the beer trucks in our town, and the beer in our shopping centers.
It is my prayer that all Christians will take a stand against this. We will be honoring our Lord, and preventing many people from going through the pain, heartache, and sorrow that drinking alcohol can cause.
I want to say thank you to the editor for allowing me to comment on this issue. If it will help one person, it will have been worth it.
About Chris Elkins
- First-graders tour career and technical center October 25, 2016
- Grand jury hears near-record number of cases October 25, 2016
- ‘Sharing at Christmas’ sign-up under way but contributions not yet coming in October 25, 2016
- Yes, Haunted Forest has evil clowns October 25, 2016
- Former city court clerk arrested October 25, 2016
- Urchins travel to Walnut for season finale October 27, 2016
- Ingomar swimmers to compete at state championships October 27, 2016
- East Union vs Potts Camp Football Photos October 26, 2016
- Division Dominance October 26, 2016
- County officials extend burn ban October 25, 2016
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...