Amendment 26 supported
There is much discussion regarding Amendment 26 and what it may or may not accomplish. However, with rumors flying around, one question should be considered: Does life begin at conception?
Life obviously begins at conception. At conception, a new individual is formed with DNA different from that of the mother. The mother provides a safe environment and sustenance for this new life. The embryonic stage is a stage of human development. An embryo is not a fully developed human being. Neither is a six-month old or a 12-year old. If you are reading this, you were once an embryo.
Dr. Hymie Gordon, chairman, Department of Genetics at the Mayo Clinic, sates, “By all criteria of modern molecular biology, life is present from the moment of conception.”
Dr. Albert Liley, the renowned physiologist known as the “Father of Fetology” has stated, “Biologically, at no stage of development can we subscribe to the view that the unborn child is a mere appendage of the mother. Genetically, the mother and baby are separate individuals from conception.”
This fact may be inconvenient to some, but it is true.
Most Mississippians claim to be Christians. Our vote should be based on biblical truth, not hypothetical outcomes. Do we want the laws of our state to be based upon lies and fears? Here is truth. “Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you; and before you came forth out of the womb, I sanctified you…” – Jeremiah 1:5. Please remember that you will be held accountable for your vote by the Creator of life.
About Chris Elkins
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 27, 2016
- Macedonia news July 27, 2016
- Center Hill Baptist Church news July 27, 2016
- Required vaccinations safe and reliable July 27, 2016
- Local swimmers compete in long course state meet July 27, 2016
- Tax-free weekend coming up July 27, 2016
- Health officer reminds parents about required school vaccinations. July 27, 2016
- Supervisors ask for bridge redesign to lower construction costs July 27, 2016
- Get a year’s worth of news for only $29 July 27, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...