Amendment 26 supported
There is much discussion regarding Amendment 26 and what it may or may not accomplish. However, with rumors flying around, one question should be considered: Does life begin at conception?
Life obviously begins at conception. At conception, a new individual is formed with DNA different from that of the mother. The mother provides a safe environment and sustenance for this new life. The embryonic stage is a stage of human development. An embryo is not a fully developed human being. Neither is a six-month old or a 12-year old. If you are reading this, you were once an embryo.
Dr. Hymie Gordon, chairman, Department of Genetics at the Mayo Clinic, sates, “By all criteria of modern molecular biology, life is present from the moment of conception.”
Dr. Albert Liley, the renowned physiologist known as the “Father of Fetology” has stated, “Biologically, at no stage of development can we subscribe to the view that the unborn child is a mere appendage of the mother. Genetically, the mother and baby are separate individuals from conception.”
This fact may be inconvenient to some, but it is true.
Most Mississippians claim to be Christians. Our vote should be based on biblical truth, not hypothetical outcomes. Do we want the laws of our state to be based upon lies and fears? Here is truth. “Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you; and before you came forth out of the womb, I sanctified you…” – Jeremiah 1:5. Please remember that you will be held accountable for your vote by the Creator of life.
About Chris Elkins
- Urchins run over Royals September 24, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes September 29, 2016
- Eastern Lights September 29, 2016
- The Playhouse September 29, 2016
- New web site allows better public access to campaign finance reports September 29, 2016
- East Union Attendance Center 2016 Homecoming Court September 29, 2016
- City sales revenue continues upswing September 29, 2016
- First solar energy farm here gets PSC approval September 29, 2016
- Ignoring burn ban can cost you money September 29, 2016
- BNA Bank converting former bus station into new mortgage center September 29, 2016
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...