Amendment 26 supported
There is much discussion regarding Amendment 26 and what it may or may not accomplish. However, with rumors flying around, one question should be considered: Does life begin at conception?
Life obviously begins at conception. At conception, a new individual is formed with DNA different from that of the mother. The mother provides a safe environment and sustenance for this new life. The embryonic stage is a stage of human development. An embryo is not a fully developed human being. Neither is a six-month old or a 12-year old. If you are reading this, you were once an embryo.
Dr. Hymie Gordon, chairman, Department of Genetics at the Mayo Clinic, sates, “By all criteria of modern molecular biology, life is present from the moment of conception.”
Dr. Albert Liley, the renowned physiologist known as the “Father of Fetology” has stated, “Biologically, at no stage of development can we subscribe to the view that the unborn child is a mere appendage of the mother. Genetically, the mother and baby are separate individuals from conception.”
This fact may be inconvenient to some, but it is true.
Most Mississippians claim to be Christians. Our vote should be based on biblical truth, not hypothetical outcomes. Do we want the laws of our state to be based upon lies and fears? Here is truth. “Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you; and before you came forth out of the womb, I sanctified you…” – Jeremiah 1:5. Please remember that you will be held accountable for your vote by the Creator of life.
About Chris Elkins
- City will try for Christmas parade again next Tuesday at 6 December 6, 2016
- Register now for NEMCC spring classes December 6, 2016
- Thanks for keeping ‘Sharing at Christmas’ something to look forward to December 6, 2016
- We still need help to Share at Christmas December 6, 2016
- Officials welcome funding for expanded emergency communications December 6, 2016
- Scenes from Myrtle’s Christmas parade December 6, 2016
- City sets new Christmas parade date for next Tuesday December 6, 2016
- Main Street Association sponsors Christmas tree lighting ceremony in Cooper Park December 6, 2016
- County supervisors hire three employees, discuss potential logging problems December 6, 2016
- MEC’s Mississippi Connection tour visiting here Wednesday December 6, 2016
- Kaylyn Havrilla McClinton: I realize this comment was posted over two weeks a...
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Scenes from Myrtle’s Christmas parade
- City sets new Christmas parade date for next Tuesday
- Main Street Association sponsors Christmas tree lighting ceremony in Cooper Park
- County supervisors hire three employees, discuss potential logging problems
- MEC’s Mississippi Connection tour visiting here Wednesday