East Union School News for Oct. 28, 2011
By Mallory Mahon
Good day, Urchins! I trust everybody is having a splendid week!
So much is happening here at East Union, so let’s get started! On Friday, Oct. 21, East Union held the annual Meet the Urchins event. Fans got to meet the players of the athletic teams, as well as enjoy hamburgers and hot dogs and an inner-squad scrimmage between the basketball teams. The night was a terrific success, and a big thanks goes out to all who made this event possible!
On Saturday, Oct. 22, a 50th anniversary celebration took place on the grounds of East Union. Food, games, and alumni softball and basketball games were just a few highlights of this wonderful day. Thank you to everyone who pitched in to make East Union’s 50th anniversary a huge success!
In sports news, the Jr. High Lady Urchin and Urchin basketball team will open their season this Tuesday, Oct. 25 at Ingomar. Games start at 5:30 p.m. Good luck teams! On Friday, Oct. 28, the high school Lady Urchin and Urchin basketball teams will participate in the Myrtle Jamboree. Games begin at 4. Good luck Lady Urchins and Urchins!
On Saturday, Oct. 29, the EU cross country teams will participate in the district meet at Saltillo. Best of luck to the runners! The school-wide cookie dough fundraiser is officially underway until Nov. 8. An inflatable/pizza party day is in store for those who sell, so remember to work hard! Remember that FBLA will meet every Wednesday and FCA will meet every Friday in the gym at break.
I would like to close this week’s update with a quote from Thomas Edison: “The three great essentials to achieve anything worth while are, first, hard work; second, stick-to-itiveness; third, common sense.”
At times, school, work, and stresses of everyday life can make it difficult to keep working at a goal. But remember that the only way to achieve your goals is to do what it takes to achieve that goal. Though it may take effort to get where you need to be, anything that is difficult to obtain is always worthwhile. Always work hard, stick to your goal, have the necessary knowledge to do so.
About Chris Elkins
- New Legion Auxiliary officers July 27, 2016
- The Playhouse July 28, 2016
- Eastern Lights July 28, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 28, 2016
- Cora Sanders turns 98 July 28, 2016
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings. July 28, 2016
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again July 28, 2016
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey July 28, 2016
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series July 28, 2016
- ‘Paid in Full’ to give 25th anniversary concert July 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings.
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series
- ‘Paid in Full’ to give 25th anniversary concert