Voters head to the polls
This Saturday is the last day for absentee voting; it will not be offered Monday. Union County voters, like many across the state, are using this week to make their final decisions about who to mark on their ballots during the general election, set for Tuesday, Nov. 8.
In the local races, county residents will be choosing a new sheriff, since Incumbent Tommy Wilhite decided in August to remove his name from contention. Voters will choose between Democratic candidate Jimmy Edwards or Republican Jim Taylor.
In the Chancery clerk race, citizens will have a choice between Incumbent Annette Hickey and her challenger, Democratic candidate Steve Robbins.
Another Incumbent seeking office is Union County Coroner Mark Golding. He faces Republican candidate Brenda Whitesid Coltharp.
In the Supervisor races, District 3 supervisor Danny Jordan is being challenged by Republican Wade Ligon. Meanwhile District 5 supervisor Benny Rakestraw faces two opponents – Republican Caleb Chandler and Independent Butch Cobb.
Voters in the West Post Constable district will have a choice to make between Incumbent David Garrison and Republican Andy Howard.
Residents who will be unable to vote in the Nov. 8 election may vote by absentee ballot all this week at the Union County Circuit Clerk’s office.
The Circuit Clerk’s office will also be open from 8 a.m. to noon on Saturday, Nov. 5, 2011 for absentee voting at the Union County Courthouse.
About Chris Elkins
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 27, 2016
- Macedonia news July 27, 2016
- Center Hill Baptist Church news July 27, 2016
- Required vaccinations safe and reliable July 27, 2016
- Local swimmers compete in long course state meet July 27, 2016
- Tax-free weekend coming up July 27, 2016
- Health officer reminds parents about required school vaccinations. July 27, 2016
- Supervisors ask for bridge redesign to lower construction costs July 27, 2016
- Get a year’s worth of news for only $29 July 27, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...