Lady Eagles defeat Lewisburg
Julianna Garner scored a game-high 32 points, as the Lady Eagles defeated Lewisburg, 66-57, during the West Union Challenge on Saturday.
The Lady Patriots led early thanks to three triples from Rachel Johnson, who finished with 20 points to lead Lewisburg.
Gracen Conlee scored 12 of her 16 points in the first half off four three-pointers, while Garner scored 10 of West Union’s 18 second quarter points, giving the Lady Eagles a 32-24 lead at the break.
Lewisburg came within two points in the third quarter, but a three by Brittany Taylor at the end of the frame put West Union ahead by eight, and the Lady Eagles gradually pulled away in the fourth quarter for the win.
Samantha Bridges scored 12 points for West Union, who hit six three-pointers in the win.
Lakisha Kelly followed Johnson with 19 points for Lewisburg.
Lewisburg 71 West Union 38 (boys)
The Patriots used an early second quarter run to pull away from West Union in the tournament’s final game, 71-38.
Jim Russell kept the Eagles close in the first quarter, hitting a three to open the game, finishing with seven points in the frame.
Lewisburg opened the second quarter on an 11-0 run, led by eight points from Hunter Wilson, to lead 28-10 and outscored the Eagles, 20-9, to end the first half.
Alex Arnold scored nine of his 18 points in the third quarter and was followed by Wilson with 11 points and Zack Jorgensen with 10 points.
Russell led West Union with 17 points followed by Austin Harkness with nine points.
West Union will next play at East Union on Nov. 29.
About Chris Elkins
- Watkins is DAISY nursing award winner November 29, 2016
- Myrtle Christmas parade will be Friday night November 29, 2016
- Community holiday meal expected to feed 1,200 Dec. 17 November 29, 2016
- Eastern Lights December 1, 2016
- New Albany Garden Club December 1, 2016
- Chamberlin loses county but wins election December 1, 2016
- Finally, no flooding December 1, 2016
- Myrtle Tree of Hope to add local children December 1, 2016
- Library program offers book gift idea for the holidays December 1, 2016
- NA Christmas parade may still be in the works December 1, 2016
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...