Lady Eagles defeat Lewisburg
Julianna Garner scored a game-high 32 points, as the Lady Eagles defeated Lewisburg, 66-57, during the West Union Challenge on Saturday.
The Lady Patriots led early thanks to three triples from Rachel Johnson, who finished with 20 points to lead Lewisburg.
Gracen Conlee scored 12 of her 16 points in the first half off four three-pointers, while Garner scored 10 of West Union’s 18 second quarter points, giving the Lady Eagles a 32-24 lead at the break.
Lewisburg came within two points in the third quarter, but a three by Brittany Taylor at the end of the frame put West Union ahead by eight, and the Lady Eagles gradually pulled away in the fourth quarter for the win.
Samantha Bridges scored 12 points for West Union, who hit six three-pointers in the win.
Lakisha Kelly followed Johnson with 19 points for Lewisburg.
Lewisburg 71 West Union 38 (boys)
The Patriots used an early second quarter run to pull away from West Union in the tournament’s final game, 71-38.
Jim Russell kept the Eagles close in the first quarter, hitting a three to open the game, finishing with seven points in the frame.
Lewisburg opened the second quarter on an 11-0 run, led by eight points from Hunter Wilson, to lead 28-10 and outscored the Eagles, 20-9, to end the first half.
Alex Arnold scored nine of his 18 points in the third quarter and was followed by Wilson with 11 points and Zack Jorgensen with 10 points.
Russell led West Union with 17 points followed by Austin Harkness with nine points.
West Union will next play at East Union on Nov. 29.
About Chris Elkins
- Macedonia news October 18, 2016
- Cancer patients, families, caregivers need our prayers October 25, 2016
- McCullough joins ACT 30+ Club at New Albany High School October 25, 2016
- ‘Bespoke’ open for business October 25, 2016
- Hurricane news October 25, 2016
- County officials extend burn ban October 25, 2016
- Section of Main Street closed for repairs October 25, 2016
- Pastor faces sex charges October 25, 2016
- Former city court clerk arrested October 25, 2016
- Yes, Haunted Forest has evil clowns October 25, 2016
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...