Lopez leads NA in win over Center Hill
New Albany was led by eighth grader Octavio Lopez as they defeated Center Hill, 4-0, on Thursday.
Lopez made the game’s first goal, assisted by Anthony Fernandez within the first five minutes of the half. Fernandez later put the Bulldogs ahead 2-0 before the half on a penalty kick.
Asssisted by Carlos Zaragoza in the second half, Lopez put New Albany ahead 3-0, and Edwardo Fernandez scored the game’s final goal, assisted by Gabriel Fernandez.
The win snaps a two-game losing streak for New Albany, who fell to Tupelo, 4-1, and Aberdeen, 6-0, last weekend.
New Albany is now 3-2 on the season.
Center Hill 2 New Albany 1 OT (girls)
The girls’ contest went to overtime with the Lady ‘Dawgs dropping a close 2-1 decision.
Alejandra Garcia scored the first goal for the Lady Mustangs, and that lead was held until the second half, when Morgan Odle tied the game with her goal, assisted by Kristen Olson.
Going into overtime, Brittany Cochran broke the tie at the eight minute mark of the first OT period, and Center Hill held on for the win.
New Albany will next play Pontotoc on Tuesday, Nov. 29.
About Chris Elkins
- Alligator hunting permits go on sale July 19 July 20, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 21, 2016
- Returning champs win in domino contest at fair July 21, 2016
- Prayer session was step in right direction July 21, 2016
- Beating the heat July 21, 2016
- Reactions mixed over school ratings July 21, 2016
- New Albany Main Street Association receives 2016 national Main Street accreditation July 21, 2016
- Passion for caring motivates new doctor Matthew Rhinewalt July 21, 2016
- Has city got a deal for you! July 21, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...