Sharing if you can
Thanksgiving is here, for many of us a time for family gatherings, turkey, pumpkin pie and all the trimmings.
We hope at this time that you will be thankful for what you have and also take a moment to share with others as we enter the holiday season.
We are talking about the Gazette’s Sharing at Christmas program, which is in its 37th year of providing food and toys to those in need in Union County.
A week before Christmas, volunteers will be fanning out across the county delivering a large food box, which includes everything needed (yes, there’s turkey) for a holiday meal as well as toys for children to about 250 families who have qualified for assistance.
We are quite a distance from our fundraising goal of $15,000. But if those of us who can afford to make a contribution will, we will get there. A donation coupon appears in each issue of the Gazette.
You can fill it out as a regular donation, or as a donation from you or your family in honor of someone you know, or in memory of someone deceased.
We’ll print the names and amounts in each issue. The newest donations always will appear on the top of the list.
Of course, if you prefer your contribution to be anonymous, just check the box on the coupon. We’ll honor your request.
We hope you’ll join the spirit of Thanksgiving by making a donation if you can.
All of us at the Gazette appreciate your support for Sharing at Christmas.
Have a good Thanksgiving.
About Chris Elkins
- Ingomar takes out Mantachie in playoff opener October 13, 2016
- The Playhouse October 18, 2016
- Letter to the editor: MAEP School Funding Formula – Change is coming October 18, 2016
- Communicating with families October 18, 2016
- We plan to be more involved October 18, 2016
- Lady Urchins sweep Calhoun City and advance to North Half October 18, 2016
- We’re moving October 18, 2016
- Sharing at Christmas drive begins; applications due Oct. 29 October 18, 2016
- Historic flag visits museum for bicentennial October 18, 2016
- Christmas parade Nov. 28; new lights, event to follow week of parade October 18, 2016
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...