Sharing if you can
Thanksgiving is here, for many of us a time for family gatherings, turkey, pumpkin pie and all the trimmings.
We hope at this time that you will be thankful for what you have and also take a moment to share with others as we enter the holiday season.
We are talking about the Gazette’s Sharing at Christmas program, which is in its 37th year of providing food and toys to those in need in Union County.
A week before Christmas, volunteers will be fanning out across the county delivering a large food box, which includes everything needed (yes, there’s turkey) for a holiday meal as well as toys for children to about 250 families who have qualified for assistance.
We are quite a distance from our fundraising goal of $15,000. But if those of us who can afford to make a contribution will, we will get there. A donation coupon appears in each issue of the Gazette.
You can fill it out as a regular donation, or as a donation from you or your family in honor of someone you know, or in memory of someone deceased.
We’ll print the names and amounts in each issue. The newest donations always will appear on the top of the list.
Of course, if you prefer your contribution to be anonymous, just check the box on the coupon. We’ll honor your request.
We hope you’ll join the spirit of Thanksgiving by making a donation if you can.
All of us at the Gazette appreciate your support for Sharing at Christmas.
Have a good Thanksgiving.
About Chris Elkins
- Watkins is DAISY nursing award winner November 29, 2016
- Myrtle Christmas parade will be Friday night November 29, 2016
- Community holiday meal expected to feed 1,200 Dec. 17 November 29, 2016
- Eastern Lights December 1, 2016
- New Albany Garden Club December 1, 2016
- Chamberlin loses county but wins election December 1, 2016
- Finally, no flooding December 1, 2016
- Myrtle Tree of Hope to add local children December 1, 2016
- Library program offers book gift idea for the holidays December 1, 2016
- NA Christmas parade may still be in the works December 1, 2016
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...