New Albany Christmas parade postponed to Nov. 29
The annual New Albany Christmas parade has been postponed to 6:30 p.m., Tuesday, Nov. 29, due to poor weather forecasts.
The parade was originally scheduled to be at 6:30 p.m. Monday evening.
Phil Nanney, executive director with the Union County Development Association, said the decision to postpone the parade was made Monday morning.
Weather forecasters predicted a good chance of a mix of snow and rain for Monday evening and into Tuesday.
If poor weather conditions continue into Tuesday evening, parade organizers said, the parade will be cancelled altogether for this year.
About Chris Elkins
- Macedonia news October 18, 2016
- ‘The Addams Family’ is coming Friday October 18, 2016
- Christmas parade Nov. 28; new lights, event to follow week of parade October 18, 2016
- Historic flag visits museum for bicentennial October 18, 2016
- Sharing at Christmas drive begins; applications due Oct. 29 October 18, 2016
- Calvary United Methodist Church to host annual barbecue October 25, 2016
- Center Hill Baptist Church news October 25, 2016
- The Playhouse October 25, 2016
- New Albany Middle School honor roll October 25, 2016
- First-graders tour career and technical center October 25, 2016
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...