Amanda Price obituary
Amanda Corbett Cossey Price, 31, of New Albany, died Monday, Dec. 5, 2011 at Baptist Memorial Hospital-Union County.
She was born Sept. 20, 1980 in Hattiesburg to Rev. Bobby J. Cossey, Sr. and Cathy Logan Cossey. She earned a bachelor’s degree from Delta State University and a master’s degree from the University of Mississippi. She was a member of the Junior Auxillary and the National Association of Speech Pathology. She was the Speech Language Pathologist for New Albany City Schools and was an active member of Hillcrest Baptist Church.
Funeral services were at 1 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 8, 2011 at Hillcrest Baptist Church with Gary Linville, Whit Lewis and Kermit McGregor officiating. United Funeral Service was in charge of the arrangements.
She is survived by her husband, Coach Ron Price of New Albany; a daughter, Molly Addison Price; her parents, Bro. Bob Cossey and Cathy Cossey of New Albany; her father and mother-in-law, Lex and Debbie Price of Corinth; a sister, Sherrie Ann Maners of Jackson, Tenn.; a brother, Bobby “Jay” Cossey (Kyra) of New Albany; a brother-in-law, Shon Price (Kacy) of Corinth; and a maternal grandmother, Rena Logan of Pontotoc, MS and by her nieces and nephews: Caty Vanderford, Courtney Vanderford, Codie Lyn Vanderford, Logann Cossey, Meredith Cossey, Paisley Price and Pately Grace Price.
Pallbearers were the New Albany High School Coaching Staff. Honorary pallbearers were the New Albany High School football team.
Visitation was from 5 to 9 p.m. Wednesday at Hillcrest Baptist Church.
Memorials may be made to Renasant Bank for the Molly Addison College Fund.
In honor of Mrs. Price, United Funeral Service flew the New Albany City flag during her visitation and service.
About Chris Elkins
- County budget adopted with no change September 22, 2016
- Urchins come from behind to take down Bears September 22, 2016
- Union County runners enjoy top five finishes at Saltillo XC meet September 22, 2016
- First inning flurry leads to West Union win September 22, 2016
- Urchins host New Site on homecoming September 22, 2016
- Urchins run over Royals September 24, 2016
- Lady Urchins bomb Baldwyn in division play September 22, 2016
- School board races shaping up September 22, 2016
- Bank donates clock to Cooper Park September 22, 2016
- County still among lowest in unemployment September 22, 2016
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: Also worth a look: http://www.knightsgambitvineyar...