East Union footbal editorial criticized
I am writing in response to the “Our Opinion” section in Friday’s Dec. 16, New Albany Gazette.
The title was East Union Football. I read this with an open mind several times and my conclusion has been the same each time, it was very tactless and the information was not all correct. First, at the end of the articles section there is a gray box and it says all letters to the editor should have a name, address, etc.
If we the readers are supposed to put names who say “Our Opinion” is not. Secondly, addressing of academics as in struggling and insulating a school but not naming it. That in itself is mildly deceptive and not very ethical. East Union School has moved forward in their academic achievements in part to our Great principals, teachers, students and parents. I would think the local paper would try being more objective, if the heading says football, do not try to put deceptive measures in at the last paragraph. The bold and slightly larger print was also not missed. This is My Opinion and if it had been kept to the heading and not wavered from the subject I would not be sending this in. I am a proud graduate of East Union, My children go to East Union and I appreciate all the East Union Staff. It seems that the main goal in any sports program should be to keep children active in school functions, to keep their grades up, and scholarship opportunities. I am excited for any new sports program that can offer new opportunities for our kids, no matter which school it may be.
This is my opinion and many I have discussed with on Facebook, I think the article could have been done different and with a lot more tact and information.
About Chris Elkins
- Watkins is DAISY nursing award winner November 29, 2016
- Myrtle Christmas parade will be Friday night November 29, 2016
- Community holiday meal expected to feed 1,200 Dec. 17 November 29, 2016
- Eastern Lights December 1, 2016
- New Albany Garden Club December 1, 2016
- Chamberlin loses county but wins election December 1, 2016
- Finally, no flooding December 1, 2016
- Myrtle Tree of Hope to add local children December 1, 2016
- Library program offers book gift idea for the holidays December 1, 2016
- NA Christmas parade may still be in the works December 1, 2016
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...