Lady Rebels top Senatobia in home tournament
Hickory Flat endured a tough, physical match-up in its home tournament on Saturday; one that coach Alicia Pickens hopes will give her team experience and confidence heading into division play.
“They let us play physical, which was good; we needed that. This was a good experience being able to play hard and physical. They’re (Senatobia) quick and athletic, and they put a lot of pressure on our ball handlers, which was good experience for us.”
Against the Lady Warriors, Hickory Flat trailed by two after the first quarter, but jumped in the lead in the second off a three-pointer by Megan Roth. The Lady Rebels remained in the lead until the fourth, when Dieasha Todd put Senatobia in front, and the two teams traded the lead until a basket by Brianna Reaves helped give the Lady Rebels the 39-38 win.
Reaves led Hickory Flat with 10 points, while Jennifer Walls led Senatobia with 12 points.
Hickory Flat goes into division play on Tuesday, taking on Walnut before a Friday showdown with Ashland.
“We know we’ve got to get better at blocking out and rebounding, things like that,” Pickens said. “I’m proud of them. They didn’t lose their heads, and they did a good job of finishing off.”
About Chris Elkins
- Division Dominance January 17, 2017
- Museum to have program on Mississippi quotations Thursday January 18, 2017
- County unemployment remains among state’s lowest at 4 percent January 18, 2017
- ‘Miracle’ continues to benefit police January 18, 2017
- King program promotes unity for all January 18, 2017
- Back in Business: New Albany rejoining Union County Tournament in 2018 January 20, 2017
- Playoff bound January 20, 2017
- Speller Owen Cotton wins ‘olympian’ victory January 19, 2017
- New candidate enters Ward One race January 19, 2017
- Weather Service to visit as part of severe storm awareness, training January 19, 2017
- tea party animal: A "closer look," with Your Home Missionary. ♫ ...
- Kaylyn Havrilla McClinton: I realize this comment was posted over two weeks a...
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...