Lady Rebels top Senatobia in home tournament
Hickory Flat endured a tough, physical match-up in its home tournament on Saturday; one that coach Alicia Pickens hopes will give her team experience and confidence heading into division play.
“They let us play physical, which was good; we needed that. This was a good experience being able to play hard and physical. They’re (Senatobia) quick and athletic, and they put a lot of pressure on our ball handlers, which was good experience for us.”
Against the Lady Warriors, Hickory Flat trailed by two after the first quarter, but jumped in the lead in the second off a three-pointer by Megan Roth. The Lady Rebels remained in the lead until the fourth, when Dieasha Todd put Senatobia in front, and the two teams traded the lead until a basket by Brianna Reaves helped give the Lady Rebels the 39-38 win.
Reaves led Hickory Flat with 10 points, while Jennifer Walls led Senatobia with 12 points.
Hickory Flat goes into division play on Tuesday, taking on Walnut before a Friday showdown with Ashland.
“We know we’ve got to get better at blocking out and rebounding, things like that,” Pickens said. “I’m proud of them. They didn’t lose their heads, and they did a good job of finishing off.”
About Chris Elkins
- Watkins is DAISY nursing award winner November 29, 2016
- Myrtle Christmas parade will be Friday night November 29, 2016
- Community holiday meal expected to feed 1,200 Dec. 17 November 29, 2016
- Eastern Lights December 1, 2016
- New Albany Garden Club December 1, 2016
- Chamberlin loses county but wins election December 1, 2016
- Finally, no flooding December 1, 2016
- Myrtle Tree of Hope to add local children December 1, 2016
- Library program offers book gift idea for the holidays December 1, 2016
- NA Christmas parade may still be in the works December 1, 2016
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...