Bulldogs name 15 to All-Division
Fifteen Bulldogs were named to the Region 2-4A All-Division team, led by seven seniors, six of which were named to the first team.
“Our guys represented us well through district play. We have the 4A state champion in our division, and for us to finish second to them is an honor.” coach Ron Price said. “I was real proud of our kids and how they performed this year. To have 15 kids named all-division is a big honor, and hopefully we’re showing people that we’re building a football tradition here. Other schools are recognizing how hard our kids are working, and it’s a great reward for them.”
Five players were named first team for offense, including Josh Creekmore, who led the team in total yards (1,979) and touchdowns (15). Josh Hardin, the team’s leading receiver, was also selected, finishing with 541 receiving yards and eight touchdowns.
Riley Alef and Jerry Davis were first team defense selections, with Alef finishing the season as the team’s leading tackler (185) and Davis had 70 tackles and a team-high three interceptions.
Eight juniors were also selected, highlighted by running back Boston Newsome, who led the team in rushing with 1,502 yards, earning a first team selection, and quarterback Spencer Day was named to the second team, finishing with 1,377 passing yards and 16 touchdowns.
While New Albany loses several seniors key to last season’s 9-4 record, the Bulldogs have a junior class that is capable of continuing the team’s success in 2012.
“Our junior class is a special class,” Price said. “They’ve had a lot of great playing experience this year, and hopefully their leadership through our spring and summer workouts will carry over into the fall. We’re looking for them to continue to lead us, and we’re expecting big things out of them this fall, and we can continue what we have going.”
Lafayette quarterback Jeremy Liggins was named the Player of the Year for the division, while fellow seniors Demarkus Dennis and Jamel Dennis were named the Offensive and Defensive Players of the Year.
Below are the Bulldogs’ All-Division selections.
Boston Newsome, Josh Hardin, Cade Simmons, Easton Hall, Jerry Davis, Riley Alef and Josh Creekmore
Spencer Day, Alex Harrison, Brady Barnes, Austin Howard and Devonte Bradley
Terrance Riles, Broderick Cook and Walter Smith
About Chris Elkins
- Alligator hunting permits go on sale July 19 July 20, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 21, 2016
- Returning champs win in domino contest at fair July 21, 2016
- Prayer session was step in right direction July 21, 2016
- Beating the heat July 21, 2016
- Reactions mixed over school ratings July 21, 2016
- New Albany Main Street Association receives 2016 national Main Street accreditation July 21, 2016
- Passion for caring motivates new doctor Matthew Rhinewalt July 21, 2016
- Has city got a deal for you! July 21, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...