NA’s Stevens signs with ICC soccer
A pair of area soccer standouts have signed national letters of intent to play for the Itawamba Community College programs next season.
The Lady Indians signed New Albany midfielder Randi Stevens while the Indians picked up goalkeeper Will Pearson of Pontotoc.
“It’s really exciting knowing I’ll be continuing my soccer career especially at ICC,” said Stevens, who is currently missing her senior campaign due to knee injury. “Because they are traditionally one of the better teams in their division and that makes me really excited to be a Lady Indian.”
“Randi is going to fit into our program real well,” said ICC soccer coach Mike Sullivan. “She’ll find time somewhere on the attacking side and we are looking forward to seeing her potentially score some goals for us next season.”
Pearson, a second-year captain, has had 81 saves over the past two seasons and a save percentage of over 70-percent as a four-year starter for the Warriors.
“I’m just really happy to be playing at ICC next year,” said Pearson. “This is something I’ve been working towards for the past four years and this is a real big day for me to be able to reach this goal of mine.”
“Will is going to compete for the starting goalkeeper job next season and is a great kid that has worked really hard to help Pontotoc have a really good season so we are look forward to having him,” Sullivan said.
Stevens and Pearson are the first two signees of the season for ICC and Coach Sullivan expects to announce more signings over the course of the next few weeks.
About Chris Elkins
- Division Dominance January 17, 2017
- Museum to have program on Mississippi quotations Thursday January 18, 2017
- County unemployment remains among state’s lowest at 4 percent January 18, 2017
- ‘Miracle’ continues to benefit police January 18, 2017
- King program promotes unity for all January 18, 2017
- Lady Urchin Power January 21, 2017
- Back in Business: New Albany rejoining Union County Tournament in 2018 January 20, 2017
- Playoff bound January 20, 2017
- Speller Owen Cotton wins ‘olympian’ victory January 19, 2017
- New candidate enters Ward One race January 19, 2017
- tea party animal: A "closer look," with Your Home Missionary. ♫ ...
- Kaylyn Havrilla McClinton: I realize this comment was posted over two weeks a...
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...