Judon among NEMCC signees
Northeast Mississippi Community College softball coach Jody Long has announced the signing of eight athletes for the 2012-13 Lady Tiger softball team.
Long was able to get all eight athletes to attend a signing ceremony that took place in the Black and Gold Room in the Haney Union on the Northeast Booneville campus on Wednesday, January 18.
“It is a great class,” Long said. “We lose 12 sophomores off our 2012 squad, so we are very excited about signing eight today.”
Long was able to score a majority of his signing class from within Northeast’s five-county district with six players signing from Alcorn, Prentiss, Tishomingo, Tippah and Union counties.
Emily Horn and Gracie Michael decided to stay close to home by agreeing to become Lady Tigers for the 2012-13 season. Horn was a catcher for the Booneville Lady Blue Devils while Michael was a catcher for the Wheeler Lady Eagles.
Also joining Horn and Michael were Myrtle utility player Kiana Judon and Walnut’s Becky Robinson.
Long got a pair of same-name athletes with Kossuth’s Dana Glissen and Tishomingo County’s Dannah Glover to agree to become Lady Tigers as well.
In addition to Long signing six in-district athletes, the veteran Lady Tiger mentor was able to sign Haleigh Moffett out of West Lauderdale and Trenisha King from Colbert Heights, Ala.
Long and the Lady Tigers will kick off the 2012 softball season on the road at Calhoun (Ala.) Community College before heading to Meridian for the Rush Invitational on February 17-18. Northeast’s first home games will come during the tenth-annual Northeast TigerFest Tournament on February 24-25.
Judon appeared in all 18 games for Marty Cook’s Lady Hawks during her junior season in 2010-11 and batted .508 with a .537 on base percentage.
Judon was a threat at the plate for the Lady Hawks finishing the season with a .905 slugging percentage while scoring 21 runs and driving in 24.
During her junior season, Judon collected six doubles, five triples and three homeruns for Myrtle and was a perfect 15-for-15 on the base paths.
Judon committed four errors during last season while getting multiple chances as a utility player for the Lady Hawks.
About Chris Elkins
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 27, 2016
- Macedonia news July 27, 2016
- Center Hill Baptist Church news July 27, 2016
- Required vaccinations safe and reliable July 27, 2016
- Local swimmers compete in long course state meet July 27, 2016
- Tax-free weekend coming up July 27, 2016
- Health officer reminds parents about required school vaccinations. July 27, 2016
- Supervisors ask for bridge redesign to lower construction costs July 27, 2016
- Get a year’s worth of news for only $29 July 27, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...