Spelling Bee a winner
The annual Union County Spelling Bee is a reminder to us all that our public schools are doing a good job in teaching one of the basic fundamentals of education. That, of course, would be spelling.
The annual bee, conducted a week ago before a packed courtroom in the Union County Courthouse, annually shows off some of the language arts talent in our New Albany and Union County schools.
Twenty-two students from the city and county schools were involved in the spell-off, which was sponsored by the American Legion Potter-Henry-Lowery Post 72 and the post’s American Legion Auxiliary.
We congratulate all of the participants and especially the winners. Annabelle Botts, 13, of West Union Attendance Center finished first; Maggie McElhaney, 11, of New Albany Elementary School, placed second, and Joseph Rutherford, 11, of New Albany Middle School was third.
Spelling –and spelling bees – still are important in our computer spell-check world. Special thanks to the American Legion for its civic-minded sponsorship of this community event.
About Chris Elkins
- New Legion Auxiliary officers July 27, 2016
- Eastern Lights July 28, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 28, 2016
- Cora Sanders turns 98 July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County selects Service First Champion July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner July 29, 2016
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings. July 28, 2016
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again July 28, 2016
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey July 28, 2016
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series July 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings.
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series