Ingomar splits with Potts Camp
Time ran out on the Lady Falcons, victims of a 40-37 defeat by Potts Camp on Tuesday.
The Lady Cardinals went on an 11-2 run in the fourth quarter, going ahead 36-29. Mallory Adair scored seven points in the frame, including a three-pointer that made it a three-point deficit with less than 20 seconds remaining.
That was the closest Ingomar would get, dropping the Lady Falcons to 9-17 on the year.
Both teams started off slow with Ingomar holding an 8-7 edge after the first quarter. Reid Little scored six of the Lady Falcons’ eight second quarter points, allowing Ingomar to stay in front, 18-13 at the break.
Potts Camp hit two three-pointers in the third, including one by Dana Jeffries that put the Lady Cardinals in front.
Little finished with 12 points for Ingomar, while Tenesha Woods led all scorers with 20 points for Potts Camp.
Potts camp 37 (boys)
Turnovers hurt the Falcons early on in its game against the Cardinals, but Ingomar overcame its miscues to pick up the 20-poiut win.
Ahead 25-20 at the break, the Falcons outs cored the Cardinals, 32-17 in the second half, led by 12 points from Devonte Williamson.
Williamson led all scorers with 14 points, followed by 12 from Steven Foster and 11 points from Henry Foster.
Brantley Harris led the Cardinals with 10 points.
About Chris Elkins
- Overtime magic January 13, 2017
- Lee selected for Alcorn nursing program January 18, 2017
- Hillcrest Baptist Church to host Night to Shine Prom for people with special needs January 18, 2017
- Museum to have program on Mississippi quotations Thursday January 18, 2017
- County unemployment remains among state’s lowest at 4 percent January 18, 2017
- Speller Owen Cotton wins ‘olympian’ victory January 19, 2017
- New candidate enters Ward One race January 19, 2017
- Weather Service to visit as part of severe storm awareness, training January 19, 2017
- Planning can save 15 percent at grocer’s January 19, 2017
- Elementary students honor King January 19, 2017
- tea party animal: A "closer look," with Your Home Missionary. ♫ ...
- Kaylyn Havrilla McClinton: I realize this comment was posted over two weeks a...
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...