Support the Amanda Price Memorial 5K
Earlier this week, I had the chance to sit down and speak with Coach Ron Price, catching up with him since the events from December.
What I listened to that afternoon was inspiring, uplifting and it reminded me of the respect I hold for Coach Price.
What he emphasized the most throughout our conversation was his appreciation for what the community has done for him and his family, as well as a local group that focuses on helping families who are victims of violent crimes.
Survival, Inc. helped tremendously in the aftermath of Amanda’s death, covering the funeral costs and for counseling for the family, among other things. It is because of this that Price wants to see the proceeds from the Amanda Price Memorial 5K on Mar. 10 go to this organization, while funds from the fun run/walk will benefit New Albany’s Junior Auxiliary.
“I want this race to be centered around Amanda, but I want this organization to benefit from it, because they’ve been so good to us. If the time comes where someone else needs assistance, I want the proceeds from this race to go so that they can be treated the way we have, and that’s with love.”
I’m not the least bit surprised at how the community responded to this tragedy. It has been amazing to see everyone come together to not only support this family during the visitation and funeral, but also with the upcoming 5K. Price has repeatedly expressed his gratitude for the New Albany community, including Mayor Tim Kent and the law enforcement.
From the comments I have received from all of you regarding Wednesday’s story, I see that we all feel the same about Coach Price, having the upmost respect for him and how he has handled this tragedy.
I would like to encourage everyone to continue supporting the upcoming Amanda Price Memorial 5K. Early registration is until Feb. 20. Let’s continue to show Coach Price how much we care and lift up him and his family.
About Chris Elkins
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 27, 2016
- Macedonia news July 27, 2016
- Center Hill Baptist Church news July 27, 2016
- Required vaccinations safe and reliable July 27, 2016
- Local swimmers compete in long course state meet July 27, 2016
- Tax-free weekend coming up July 27, 2016
- Health officer reminds parents about required school vaccinations. July 27, 2016
- Supervisors ask for bridge redesign to lower construction costs July 27, 2016
- Get a year’s worth of news for only $29 July 27, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...