Trailer park vote explained
After two weeks of intense soul searching, I could not cast my vote to purchase the Eastview Mobile Home Park with taxpayer money Tuesday evening.
Knowing the emotional, sensitive nature of feelings in our City recently due to the death of Amanda Price, my wife and I feel a strong need to honor Amanda’s memory in some small way. So we have decided to commit $1,000 of our personal savings to help purchase Eastview.
With the blessings of Coach Price, Molly Addison, and Amanda’s family, we want to turn the present mobile home park and motel area into a private park named “The Amanda Price Memorial Park.” This park would be dedicated to Amanda and could be used as a neighborhood park for use by children, youth and adults.
If the present owners of Eastview will sell the property to us (private contributors) at the price recently quoted to the City, we can begin fund raising efforts immediately.
Alderman, Ward Two
About Chris Elkins
- Watkins is DAISY nursing award winner November 29, 2016
- Myrtle Christmas parade will be Friday night November 29, 2016
- Community holiday meal expected to feed 1,200 Dec. 17 November 29, 2016
- Eastern Lights December 1, 2016
- New Albany Garden Club December 1, 2016
- Chamberlin loses county but wins election December 1, 2016
- Finally, no flooding December 1, 2016
- Myrtle Tree of Hope to add local children December 1, 2016
- Library program offers book gift idea for the holidays December 1, 2016
- NA Christmas parade may still be in the works December 1, 2016
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...