Trailer park vote explained
After two weeks of intense soul searching, I could not cast my vote to purchase the Eastview Mobile Home Park with taxpayer money Tuesday evening.
Knowing the emotional, sensitive nature of feelings in our City recently due to the death of Amanda Price, my wife and I feel a strong need to honor Amanda’s memory in some small way. So we have decided to commit $1,000 of our personal savings to help purchase Eastview.
With the blessings of Coach Price, Molly Addison, and Amanda’s family, we want to turn the present mobile home park and motel area into a private park named “The Amanda Price Memorial Park.” This park would be dedicated to Amanda and could be used as a neighborhood park for use by children, youth and adults.
If the present owners of Eastview will sell the property to us (private contributors) at the price recently quoted to the City, we can begin fund raising efforts immediately.
Alderman, Ward Two
About Chris Elkins
- City will try for Christmas parade again next Tuesday at 6 December 6, 2016
- County supervisors hire three employees, discuss potential logging problems December 6, 2016
- Main Street Association sponsors Christmas tree lighting ceremony in Cooper Park December 6, 2016
- City sets new Christmas parade date for next Tuesday December 6, 2016
- Scenes from Myrtle’s Christmas parade December 6, 2016
- Museum, civic center to have holiday events this weekend December 9, 2016
- Old Gazette building going down after 44 years December 9, 2016
- Armed robber hits check store December 9, 2016
- West Union Homecoming Court December 9, 2016
- Postponed Christmas parade set for Tuesday December 9, 2016
- Kaylyn Havrilla McClinton: I realize this comment was posted over two weeks a...
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...