Trailer park vote explained
After two weeks of intense soul searching, I could not cast my vote to purchase the Eastview Mobile Home Park with taxpayer money Tuesday evening.
Knowing the emotional, sensitive nature of feelings in our City recently due to the death of Amanda Price, my wife and I feel a strong need to honor Amanda’s memory in some small way. So we have decided to commit $1,000 of our personal savings to help purchase Eastview.
With the blessings of Coach Price, Molly Addison, and Amanda’s family, we want to turn the present mobile home park and motel area into a private park named “The Amanda Price Memorial Park.” This park would be dedicated to Amanda and could be used as a neighborhood park for use by children, youth and adults.
If the present owners of Eastview will sell the property to us (private contributors) at the price recently quoted to the City, we can begin fund raising efforts immediately.
Alderman, Ward Two
About Chris Elkins
- County budget adopted with no change September 22, 2016
- Faulkner readers urged to just ‘keep on goin’ September 22, 2016
- County still among lowest in unemployment September 22, 2016
- Bank donates clock to Cooper Park September 22, 2016
- School board races shaping up September 22, 2016
- Ollie Otter teaches kids to buckle up September 27, 2016
- Supervisors try again on bridge contract September 27, 2016
- Main Street drainage work delayed September 27, 2016
- NAES students study Constitution September 27, 2016
- Tell us what you want the news to be September 27, 2016
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...