Trailer park vote explained
After two weeks of intense soul searching, I could not cast my vote to purchase the Eastview Mobile Home Park with taxpayer money Tuesday evening.
Knowing the emotional, sensitive nature of feelings in our City recently due to the death of Amanda Price, my wife and I feel a strong need to honor Amanda’s memory in some small way. So we have decided to commit $1,000 of our personal savings to help purchase Eastview.
With the blessings of Coach Price, Molly Addison, and Amanda’s family, we want to turn the present mobile home park and motel area into a private park named “The Amanda Price Memorial Park.” This park would be dedicated to Amanda and could be used as a neighborhood park for use by children, youth and adults.
If the present owners of Eastview will sell the property to us (private contributors) at the price recently quoted to the City, we can begin fund raising efforts immediately.
Alderman, Ward Two
About Chris Elkins
- Urchins host Hamilton in Thursday’s home opener August 25, 2016
- Macedonia news August 30, 2016
- Hurricane news August 30, 2016
- Center Hill Baptist Church news August 30, 2016
- IRS warns of back-to-school scams; encourages students, parents, schools to stay alert August 30, 2016
- Local schools do well in ACT test results August 30, 2016
- County sets public hearing for coming year’s budget August 30, 2016
- Union County Health and Rehab receives top rating from CMS August 30, 2016
- American Legion to sponsor Patriot Day program Sept. 9 August 30, 2016
- Labor Day holiday to affect community services August 30, 2016
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: Also worth a look: http://www.knightsgambitvineyar...