Baseball ‘Dawgs open with two wins
Bulldogs’ baseball hosted area teams over the weekend for the New Albany Classic, which saw the home team earn two wins agaisnt Bruce and Tupelo Christian Prepatory School.
Against the Trojans, Ben Foster and Easton Hall had two hits each in the 9-3 win.
Bruce took an early 1-0 lead after a Mason Maxey walk of Trojans’ leadoff man Tyler Kilcrease later resultted in Kilcrease scoring off a hit by Jay King.
The Bulldogs took the lead in the second off three errors by Bruce and extended that lead in the fourth off an RBI double by Foster and Brandon Montgomery brought in a run off his single.
Maxey pitched six innings, allowing three runs off six hits with seven strikeouts.
In the final game of the day, the Bulldogs again overcame an early deficit to defeat the Eagles of TCPS, 12-5.
Jonas Zahller and Riley Alef had two hits each for the Bulldogs (2-0), while Foster earned the win on the mound.
About Chris Elkins
- Alligator hunting permits go on sale July 19 July 20, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 21, 2016
- Returning champs win in domino contest at fair July 21, 2016
- Prayer session was step in right direction July 21, 2016
- Beating the heat July 21, 2016
- Reactions mixed over school ratings July 21, 2016
- New Albany Main Street Association receives 2016 national Main Street accreditation July 21, 2016
- Passion for caring motivates new doctor Matthew Rhinewalt July 21, 2016
- Has city got a deal for you! July 21, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...