Lady Falcons lose home opener to North Pontotoc
Ingomar softball opens this season against several tough opponents, and that was evident on Monday with the Lady Falcons dropping an 11-1 decision against North Pontotoc.
“This was a great team we played, but we just need to work on some positions,” coach Kevin Williams said. “Some girls just have to get familiar with our playing, and we can’t have the number of errors we had against a team like this.”
The Lady Vikings plated three runs in the first, led by an RBI double by Brittany Seale. Ingomar’s best inning defensively came in the second, allowing one walk and stranding that runner at first. After that point, North Pontotoc scored in each remaining inning.
Ingomar’s lone run came in the second, as Mallory Adair reached on an error in the outfield and later scored on another Lady Viking error.
“I’m pleased with the way we swung the bats, even if we didn’t come out with more than one run,” Williams said. “We did put a valiant effort into this game, I thought. This was a good warm-up for us, even if it was a loss.”
Seale and Ariann Henry had three hits each to lead North Pontotoc in the win. In the circle, Lady Viking pitcher Kelsey Robertson held the Lady Falcons to three hits while striking out seven.
The schedule does not get any easier for Ingomar, as they will travel to Tupelo on Friday and Saturday for the Lady Waves’ tournament. The Lady Falcons will face Mantachie, Nettleton, Belmont and Lamar Co., Ala.
“I believe we have the toughest 1A schedule in the state, but we are going to have to step up and play solid ball,” Williams said. “If we can do that against these bigger schools, then we can compete in 1A.”
“That’s what we hope to do. These early games will be rough, but it will make us better once we make it into division play.”
Ingomar will next play on Thursday, hosting East Union. The Lady Urchins defeated Ingomar, 7-2, last Saturday.
About Chris Elkins
- Alligator hunting permits go on sale July 19 July 20, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 21, 2016
- Returning champs win in domino contest at fair July 21, 2016
- Prayer session was step in right direction July 21, 2016
- Beating the heat July 21, 2016
- Reactions mixed over school ratings July 21, 2016
- New Albany Main Street Association receives 2016 national Main Street accreditation July 21, 2016
- Passion for caring motivates new doctor Matthew Rhinewalt July 21, 2016
- Has city got a deal for you! July 21, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...