New Albany employee burned while working on high-voltage line

An employee with the City of New Albany is in stable condition after being severely burned while on the job early Monday.

DeWayne Lee, a lineman who has been employed with the New Albany Department of Light, Gas & Water for 15 years received his burns when he came in contact with a high-voltage line at approximately 7:30 a.m.
According to Bill Mattox, manager for LG&W, Lee was responding to a power outage call near the HMC building when the incident occurred.
“He received severe burns when he came in contact with the line,” Mattox said.
Lee was transported by ambulance to Baptist-Union County.  Medical emergency flight crews then transported Lee to the Regional Medical Center in Memphis, Tenn. by helicopter.
As of Monday afternoon, doctors listed Lee in stable condition and allowed family members to visit with him, Mattox said.
“We’re encouraged by the report the doctors have given us,” Mattox said.  “It looks like DeWayne is in good hands.”