Northeast golf finishes first match tied for fifth
Northeast Mississippi Community College’s golf team opened up the Mississippi Association of Community/Junior Colleges (MACJC) golf season with a fifth-place showing in its first tour stop of the year.
Northeast finished in a tie with Jones County Junior College with a 671 two-day totalafter the squads carded identical scores on both days a The Oaks Golf Club in Pass Christian.
Northeast fired a 341 on the opening day of the season led by Easton Cartwright, Jordan Wilson and Blake Conlee’s 85s on the opening day.
On the second day, Austin Woodard charged to the front of the pack with one of thelowest scores of the tournament when the Northeast freshman carded a three-over, 75 to lead the Tigers.
Woodard’s 75 helped the Muscle Shoals, Alabama-native finish in seventeenth place overall in the tournament.
Woodard started the second day tied for thirty-second place in the tournament and rallied 15 spots on the second day for his two-day 161 that helped propel the Tigers to a fifth place finish.
Afterfiring 85s on the first day, Cartwright and Wilson both marked down 82s on the second day to finish in a tie for 26 in the two-day affair at plus-23.
Conlee finished with a two-day 176 while Ty Lindsey became the fifth Tiger in the Top 42 when the Northeast freshman walked away with a two-day 180.
Northeast’s Taylor Trimble finished the match as an individual and beat 10 other competitors when the Tiger sophomore finished in forty-sixth place in the tournament with a 185.
Northeast will look to build on its finish in the first tour stop of the year as the Tigers play a pair of quick matches leading to the Spring Holidays.
Northeast will make its second stop of the year at Eagle Ridge Golf Club in Raymond on March 3-4 before making the trek to a pair of courses in south Mississippi for the MACJC’s third tour stop of the year on March 5-6.
In the third tour stop of the year, Northeast will play at Brookhaven Country Club and Wolf Hollow Golf Club in an event hosted by Copiah-Lincoln Community College.
About Chris Elkins
- Alligator hunting permits go on sale July 19 July 20, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 21, 2016
- Returning champs win in domino contest at fair July 21, 2016
- Prayer session was step in right direction July 21, 2016
- Beating the heat July 21, 2016
- Reactions mixed over school ratings July 21, 2016
- New Albany Main Street Association receives 2016 national Main Street accreditation July 21, 2016
- Passion for caring motivates new doctor Matthew Rhinewalt July 21, 2016
- Has city got a deal for you! July 21, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...