Ingomar wins two, remains unbeaten
Ingomar improved its record to 4-0 on Saturday, earning wins over Pine Grove, 21-1, and Potts Camp, 8-2.
In the win over the Cardinals, Tyler Dowdy had 13 strikeouts in six innings of work, leading to the six-run win.
Stephen Laird put the Falcons on the board in the first with his RBI single, and Dowdy, along with Austin Sanders and Brady Cox, added to that in the second, as Ingomar scored six runs, going ahead, 7-0.
Potts Camp scored two runs in the fifth off RBI singles by Nick Watts and Jesse Shaw, and Dowdy brought in Ingomar’s final run in the bottom half of the frame.
Joseph Broom and Josh Thompson had two hits each for the Falcons (4-0).
Dowdy’s 13 strikeouts follows a 17 strikeout performance against Smithville in the Falcons’ season opener on Feb. 24.
Against Pine Grove in the first game, Dowdy and Austin Sanders each had a home run in the 21-1 rout.
Ingomar hosted Walnut on Monday night and will play Wheeler and Calhoun City in a double header this Saturday, March 10.
Those games will be followed by the Union County Tournament, which will be held March 15-16 at Myrtle.
About Chris Elkins
- Watkins is DAISY nursing award winner November 29, 2016
- Myrtle Christmas parade will be Friday night November 29, 2016
- Community holiday meal expected to feed 1,200 Dec. 17 November 29, 2016
- Eastern Lights December 1, 2016
- New Albany Garden Club December 1, 2016
- Chamberlin loses county but wins election December 1, 2016
- Finally, no flooding December 1, 2016
- Myrtle Tree of Hope to add local children December 1, 2016
- Library program offers book gift idea for the holidays December 1, 2016
- NA Christmas parade may still be in the works December 1, 2016
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...