Lady Hawks drop contest versus Pine Grove
Myrtle softball dropped its second game of the season in a 5-2 decision against Pine Grove last Saturday.
Pine Grove opened the game scoring four runs off three consecutive singles by Jesse Collins, Maddie Ericksen and Laken Hill. Myrtle was in position to answer that in the second inning, loading the bases with no outs, but were shut down, leaving three runners stranded.
Kiana Judon put the Lady Hawks on the board in the third, plating Brianna Brassell with her single, and Kelsey Freeman added to that in the fourth, allowing Keely Chunn to score off her single.
Pine Grove added its final run in the seventh, loading the bases with two outs, and Jordan Orman plated the fifth run.
Judon had two hits, including a double to lead Myrtle (0-2), and Audrey Kent recorded seven strikeouts in the loss.
The loss follows a 5-3 loss to the Lady Urchins last Tuesday.
Amber Cook hit a double to lead the Lady Hawks’ offense, while Rachel Elder and Mallory Roberts each had doubles for the Lady Urchins.
Myrtle will host Potts Camp and travel to Oxford this week before taking time off for spring break.
About Chris Elkins
- First-graders tour career and technical center October 25, 2016
- Grand jury hears near-record number of cases October 25, 2016
- ‘Sharing at Christmas’ sign-up under way but contributions not yet coming in October 25, 2016
- Yes, Haunted Forest has evil clowns October 25, 2016
- Former city court clerk arrested October 25, 2016
- Urchins travel to Walnut for season finale October 27, 2016
- Ingomar swimmers to compete at state championships October 27, 2016
- East Union vs Potts Camp Football Photos October 26, 2016
- Division Dominance October 26, 2016
- County officials extend burn ban October 25, 2016
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...